Making money online doesn’t have to be hard and complicated ( teens or not ) with building website, making products, SEO and such. You can simply earn income by doing what you would do offline on an online environment. Let me clarify: Imagine you’re selling lemonade, you can set up a stand on the sidewalk and start making money. You can also do that by selling lemonade online. Of course, no one would really buy that but what I’m trying to say is, if it’s something that can make you money offline, most of the time, it’ll makes you some online. And today’s post is gonna show you how to make the most out of your offline business by turning it to online. And yes, this is for teenagers so no need to register for a store or anything.
Let’s get started then !
1. What is Fiverr ?
To put it simple, Fiverr is a safe and automate ( for the most part ) marketplace that allows one to do anything for 5$ ( or 25$, 50$, 100$, they’re adding more it seems ) and get anything done for well, 5$. Fiverr services are called Gigs and there are plenty of them. From the most basics like translating text to coding programs or even weird things like prank calling or draw your face with ketchup. Well, anything can be found and surprisingly, even the weird stuffs get a lot of attention.
So, what does all that mean to you ?
First of all, Fiverr allows you to make money from simple things that you enjoy doing. No matter if you like art, technology or even acting, there’ll always be a need for your skill on Fiverr. Secondly, it takes away all the technical stuffs that one has to deal with when open up their own business, online or offline. You don’t have to build your own webstore or take care of payment and negotiating price ’cause Fiverr handles it all. So all you need to do is focus on finishing your Gig then send it to the customers and let Fiverr put money in your Paypal account ! Again, there’s nothing better than Fiverr for a teen looking to start a business online, or just try one out.
2. Pros and Cons
Let’s look through some stats:
- No technical skills required.
- Do whatever you like.
- Safe marketplace.
- You can use Paypal.
- Has a referral program.
- Good support.
- Easy to find others services that you need.
- Everything is at a fixed price, multiplier of 5$, max is 100$ at the time of this writing post.
- Kinda hard to compete if your Gig is similar to others.
- You have to work to get paid, no passive income here ( For an example of passive income, check out Adfly )
3. Setting up your account
Fiverr’s Signup Process is pretty straightforward, you can also use Facebook or Google+ for signing up, perfect for us teenagers.
Fiverr sign up process is one of the fastest and most straightforward I’ve ever seen.
Enter your email.
Click Continue then enter your Username and Password.
Confirm your email address. And you’re done.
After that’s done, you can fill in your info later and remember to put in your payment info ( Paypal ).
You can check out the Invite A Friend section but I can’t seem to access it. It keeps getting a redirect to the Homepage, I’ll update about that later.
4. Creating your first Gig and Start making money
Click on Start Selling.
Then Create A Gig.
Fill in your info.
Remember to choose your words and present your service carefully. There are plenty of different services out there so a good presentation decides the choice of the buyers.
Here’s an example of our WordPress design service:
You can also add in some extra stuffs like faster delivery time, more custom features and charge more for it. It’s totally optional but that’s something to set you apart from the competitors.
Now that that’s done, all you need to do now is to wait for someone to order your Gig.
But we’re not just sellers right ? We’re entrepreneurs.
Then let’s look through some ways to get more customers instead of just sitting around and “wait for the fruits to fall down”.
5. Some tips to boost your income
Here’s some noteworthy tricks to boost your sales:
- Get some testimonials. They’re usually the things that the customers base their decisions on.
- Try asking some friends or family to try out your services and rate it. That’ll give your service some credibility.
- Use high quality images, videos and media in your Gig. Make it looks as professional as you can.
- Spread the news about your services. Many of your friends may need it but did not know and do charge them. Don’t do it for free. This is business but maybe give em some extra.
- Look around for competitors. Learn from them, what they have and don’t have. Then customize your Gig for those holes. It’ll probably make your Gig stand out.
- Search online for people that needs your Gig. Then refer them to it. This will drive sales like crazy.
- It’s your turn to add something here.(in the comment section of course)
6. Wrap up
Starting with Fiverr is a great way to learn how to manage a business online or offline and undoubtedly, start making decent online. I saw 5 figures somewhere on Fiverr.
So what do you think about Fiverr ? What would be your Gig ?
We let you see ours. Share yours in the comment sections !
Like This Post ?
Enter your email to get new posts, offers and special promotions delivered straight to your inbox. And we'll help keep your inbox spam free !